Support for Multi-Tenancy
OVD 2.7.0 is now a fully multi-tenant ready solution, allowing multiple organizations ("tenants") to share the same OVD farm, and other data center resources, without compromising data privacy. OVD can also be used in smaller, single-tenant environments with little to no change compared to previous versions.
Linux Desktop and Applications Look and Feel
The Linux application and desktop user interface has been modernized and unified across all the Linux variants that Inuvika supports. Users of Microsoft Windows 10 workstations can experience a more familiar desktop environment when transitioning over from Windows applications and desktops to Linux.
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver) Support
IT departments can use Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver) to host any component of Inuvika OVD Enterprise.
End of Support for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr) and Demo Appliance (ODA)
OVD 2.7.0 has discontinued support for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr), as Canonical's Extended Server Support ended in April 2019. If you are currently maintaining OVD on Ubuntu 14.04, you are required to perform a clean re-installation on Ubuntu 16.04 or Ubuntu 18.04 if you wish to upgrade to 2.7.0.
Inuvika has also discontinued support for the OVD Demo Appliance (ODA), initially used for quick demonstration installations. Inuvika released a new installation mechanism based on Ansible to help organizations accelerate the deployment of both small and large OVD installations.
End of Support Scheduled for Windows Server 2008 R2
OVD 2.7.x is the last version to support Windows Server 2008 R2, as Microsoft's Extended Support ends in January 2020. Future releases of OVD will only support Windows Server 2012 R2 (or newer) for security and stability reasons.
For new installations of Inuvika OVD, follow the instructions outlined in the "Installation and Configuration Guide." Log into support.inuvika.com to access this guide and other resources.
Update an Existing OVD Farm
To update existing installations of Inuvika OVD to 2.7.2 follow the steps outlined in the full OVD 2.7.2 Release Notes available at support.inuvika.com.
- IVD-2257 - Servers switch to a broken state after SM requests logs
- IVD-2524 - EDC issue with clipboard memory allocation
- IVD-2875 - Applications can't be launched after a disconnection/reconnection on Windows Server 2016 with Full AD mode
- IVD-3004 - Static application has empty mime type on APS even if defined mime type on SM/AC
- IVD-3195 - Seamless EDC windows show server-side resizing cursors instead of client-side
- IVD-3214 - Missing EDC application icon at logout
- IVD-3220 - Windows Server 2016 Firewall rules created during the user session are not purged at the end of the session
- IVD-3242 - Window focus issue with Microsoft Outlook's notifications when in seamless Application mode
- IVD-3247 - User spool directories are not removed/purged after the session ends in Full AD
- IVD-3250 - When the slaveserver.log is empty, the server switch to a broken state
- IVD-3257 - Pen drives are not redirected when using the HP-t420 thin client
- IVD-3269 - Unable to start a Full AD session using the OWA and a long password
- IVD-3270 - User password field in the OVD client is not cleared after authentication
- IVD-3272 - EDC Pilot Mode does not work on Ubuntu Trusty (tarball)
- IVD-3276 - Unable to start a session with Linux APS when user profile contains a "gtk-3.0/bookmarks" configuration file
- IVD-3278 - ESG service availability issue after services run for days and/or service is loaded
- IVD-3280 - Keyboard issue on OWA when using "IBM iSeries Emulator" Windows application
- IVD-3282 - Session Manager database migration reports errors when updating from 2.6.2 to 2.7.0
- IVD-3299 - Migration error raised when updating el7 Session Manager from 2.6.2 to 2.7.0
- IVD-3301 - EL7 SM update raise "permission denied" error when running the wsdl purge script
- IVD-3302 - EL7 SM update raise "permission denied" error when running the update db script