2.8.0 includes the ability to send actionable alerts to users from the central Admin console.
Administrators can notify users of important events like planned system downtime, updates to terms of service, or any other issues that users need to know. OVD Messaging can also be used to survey users for feedback by including multiple response options in the alerts.
Better Integration with Active Directory
OVD Enterprise 2.8.0 improves compatibility with Microsoft Active Directory Domain Forests. The improvements let OVD Enterprise authenticate users within their subdomains against a master Active Directory Forest, making deployment within multi-domain environments faster, easier, and more secure.
Microsoft Windows Server 2019
OVD 2.8.0 introduces support for Windows Server 2019.
End of support for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
OVD 2.8.x no longer supports Windows Server 2008 R2. The change coincides with Microsoft's January 2020 end of Extended Support for the product.
End of Support Scheduled for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
OVD 2.8.x is the last version to support Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
For new installations of Inuvika OVD, follow the instructions outlined in the "Installation and Configuration Guide." Log into support.inuvika.com to access this guide and other resources.
Update an Existing OVD Farm
To update existing installations of Inuvika OVD to 2.8.2 follow the steps outlined in the full OVD 2.8.2 Release Notes available at support.inuvika.com.
OVD 2.8.2 Changelog
- IVD-3599 - Admin console menu changes size
- IVD-3719 - Error in logs with static application icons
- IVD-3725 - External Data Storage authentication issues with AD users
- IVD-3746 - Can't save a message from the Messaging system when the content is higher than 64k
- IVD-3750 - Unable to download files using ajaxplorer
- IVD-3751 - Admin API exposes external storage passwords
- IVD-3764 - Unable to record sound (audio in) on the EDC for macOS
- IVD-3774 - @APACHE_USER@ found in /etc/logrotate.d/ovd-session-manager
- IVD-3777 - Admin delegation does not work when using multiple groups having delegation set
- IVD-3799 - Google Chrome v80 passwords are no longer saved on Windows Server
- IVD-3800 - The WebAccess shows a grey screen when resuming a session in creating state
- IVD-3815 - Unable to use two Windows servers within one session when using Full AD
- IVD-3854 - External apps crash during a session roaming
- IVD-3873 - Unable to open redirected Documents folder using the EDC on macOS 10.15+