Log into Support.Inuvika.com
Note: The following is a summary of the OVD 3.2.1 Release Notes. For detailed instructions on installing or upgrading to OVD 3.2.1, refer to the full Release Notes available at support.inuvika.com
About OVD Enterprise 3.2.1
Inuvika OVD Enterprise 3.2.1 is a maintenance release that adds support for Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish) and includes a number of fixes for OVD 3.2.
OVD Enterprise 3.2 delivers a host of new features designed to improve performance and security with improved video compression, better third-party authentication support, and more second-factor options to choose from.
For more details, please refer to the changelog at the bottom of the page.
Added Support for Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)
OVD 3.2.1 now supports Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish) to replace Ubuntu 18.04 which is going End-Of-Life 31/04/2023
Improved proxy compatibility for the OVD Enterprise Secure Gateway
The new Enterprise Secure Gateway is compatible with Websockets which eases integration behind a Web Application Firewall, or a Web Proxy. Performance is also improved on machines with many CPU Cores.
Support for SAML2 now available on all OVD clients
Previous versions of OVD supported SAML2 only for the Web-Access client. OVD 3.2adds support for the Desktop client and the Mobile client, as well as SAML2 logins with Hybrid and Full Active-Directory integrations.
Extended Two-Factor Authentication: Duo Security
In addition to SAML2, OVD 3.2 now supports 2FA backed by Duo Security. Users can use SMS, PUSH, Voice call, or the Duo Mobile app as the second factor to login into OVD.
Improved video performance
OVD 3.2 introduces Advanced Video decoding as part of the protocol on both the Desktop client and the Mobile client to improve video quality and performance on low bandwidth networks.
New authentication logs
With OVD 3.2, a new log file adds a view on user logins with information like IP address, login, User-Agent, and session ID.
End of support for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
OVD 3.2 no longer supports Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. RHEL/CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 18.04 are still supported.
End of support for the Admin SOAP API
OVD 3.2 no longer supports the SOAP protocol to administer OVD with a third-party tool. The new and more simple REST API introduced in OVD 3.1.0 is now the only way to access it.
For new installations of Inuvika OVD 3.2.0, follow the instructions outlined in the Installation and Configuration Guide.
Update an Existing OVD Farm
To update existing installations of Inuvika OVD to 3.2.1 follow the steps outlined in the full OVD 3.2.1 Release Notes available at support.inuvika.com.
OVD 3.2.1 Changelog
- IVD-4858 Non-matching style in Software Licenses
- IVD-4859 Empty csv file downloaded instead of license key
- IVD-4875 SAML internal tests randomly failed
- IVD-4883 Monitor DPI detection issue
- IVD-4903 Portal Mode session starts with error popup
- IVD-4904 Kernel crash after session start
- IVD-4905 CIFS issue in dmesg
- IVD-4907 Error 500 on log requests
- IVD-4910 Launcher from EDC archive does not work
- IVD-4911 Workarea not reset after a session resume
- IVD-4918 The ESG is not able to handle big POST
- IVD-4915 Detect Snap applications
- IVD-4540 Add support for Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)
- IVD-4870 Change EDC magic toolbar keyboard combinations to Ctrl+Alt+B
- IVD-4874 Improve Linux logout screen
- IVD-4880 Improve the applications list on the EDC
- IVD-4881 Improve EDC performance
- IVD-4624 Drop our custom version of the Fuse library on EL7 and use the system version instead
- IVD-4627 Drop deprecated support of XRDP SCIM for IME and only keep IBUS
- IVD-4649 Create a new compilation VM for 3.2
- IVD-4654 Implement RDP over Websockets on the ESG, EDC, EMC
- IVD-4656 Implement DUO MFA authentication API
- IVD-4657 Improve logging of client connections
- IVD-4765 Add a new way to mask the server in XML returned by the gateway
- IVD-4772 Drop AAC from OVD
- IVD-4784 Improve Windows thumbnails behavior
- IVD-4788 Add Gateway compatibility with Nginx and Haproxy
- IVD-4802 3.2.0 Translations
- IVD-4775 Write documentation about DUO
© 2023 Inuvika. All rights reserved.