Inuvika Inc. is looking for a full time, talented Full Stack Developer to join our Product Development team. Recently named in Ingram Micro’s Comet Competition as one of the top 15 new technology companies in Canada, you will be joining an enthusiastic team that has built a >product already being sold in 35 countries.
Based in Toronto, ON, you will extend and enhance our product offerings in a collaborative team environment where you’ll learn and stretch your capabilities.
- Work within an Agile environment to prototype, design, implement, debug, integrate and document product features.
- Participate in a variety of activities including ground-up development of new features, maintenance of existing features, cross-platform considerations, performance improvements and solving customer issues.
- Write well-documented, secure, reliable, testable and maintainable code for the enterprise market.
- Interact with the customer support team as needed to find technical solutions to customer issues using lnuvika products.
Qualifications and Core Competencies
- Must be very comfortable with Linux. The ability to work on multiple platforms including Windows, iOS and Android is a bonus.
- Quick learner and keen to learn new tools, languages, and technologies.
- Being comfortable using GIT
- Excellent communication, team player.
- Hold a Master’s Degree, or equivalent in Computer Science.
- Three (3) or more years of professional experience.
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Libraries like jQuery
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Bootstrap
- API design and development
- RESTful Services, experience with SOAP is a plus
- Server-side languages like PHP, and Python
- Database technologies like MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Experience with caching is a bonus, including etcd, Memcached, Redis
- Web server technologies such as Apache, Nginx, haproxy, etc.
- Frameworks and tools related to server-side language of choice such as: Composer, Laravel, CakePHP, etc.
- Deployment and automation technologies: Ansible, Packer, Docker, Vagrant
- You are passionate about what you do and passionate about succeeding.
- You are accountable. You have a professional attitude and ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment using agile methodologies. You can plan your work, manage your time and execute. You have experienced failure and learned from it.
- You are disciplined. Your code must be proven, reliable, scalable, well-documented and maintainable.
- You are customer-centric. The success of our customers will drive our success. You are happy to help the support team solve customer issues in the field.
We are a close-knit, international team. This is a chance to join the team early and contribute significantly to the product and company development.
You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (legally able to work in Canada) to be considered for this job.